- To encourage and promote the selective breeding of pure-bred Tibetan Spaniels and to do all possible to bring the natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Tibetan Spaniel shall be judged and bred
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials
- To conduct sanctioned matches and specialty shows and obedience trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club
- To encourage the organization of independent local Tibetan Spaniel Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club
- To promote the education of the breeders, fanciers and the general public concerning the welfare and preservation of the breed as one means of sustaining the quality of the breed